Did You Know?
We thought you might like to know a little more about the products we use in our foods, whom we purchase them from, and ways we support our community.
We juice organic beets which allows us to reduce the amount of food coloring in our red velvet cake by 90%!
We are a from-scratch baking company.
- We make and laminate our own doughs.
- Our fruit fillings are from-scratch with high quality, local (when possible) IQF fruit.
- We slow roast turkey breast overnight and make our own gravy from the pan drippings for our turkey pies.
- Our cakes are made to order and customized for each customer.
We source cornmeal, oats and various flours from Maine Grains at The Somerset Grist Mill. The Somerset Grist Mill sources and mills grains grown in Maine.
- We have adapted and formulated many of our recipes to incorporate Maine Grains flours.
We feature locally-made products from Maine companies to help support our local economy. These companies include: Maine Crisp Company, Stonewall Kitchen, The Maine Barkery, Maine
Grains, Ass Over Teakettle, October Fields Farm, Cates Family Glads, Grassland Farms, Crooked Face Creamery, The Pick-Up CSA, Freedom Acres, Strawberry Hill Farm, and Wicked Joe Organic
Fair Trade Coffee supplied by Northeast Coffee Company.
We continuously purchase flowers from local growers when in season or available for our floral business, Skowhegan Fleuriste & Formalwear.
The Bankery, LLC and Skowhegan Fleuriste & Formalwear, LLC donate thousands of dollars in products and services to local organizations, charitable functions and local causes each year. Also,
the owners and staff spend hundreds of hours every year volunteering as board members for local organizations and efforts such as: Main Street Skowhegan, Maine Community Foundation, Franklin Savings Bank Corporators,
and The Maine Grain Alliance.